I am a day late, but nonetheless, this information BELOW is worth repeating!
Federal Health Care Reform advises Californians that health insurance is now available to many who previously lacked coverage
Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones today observed the one-year anniversary of the passage of federal health care reform legislation that was signed into law by President Obama last year. The Insurance Commissioner wants all California consumers who may have been excluded from obtaining necessary and affordable healthcare insurance to know about the immediate and long-term benefits of the Affordable Care Act.
“Consumers need to know that health insurance coverage is now available to those with pre-existing conditions,” Commissioner Jones said. “Health care reform has already provided important benefits to individuals, families and small businesses and there are more important changes on the horizon that will make health insurance available to millions of Californians who currently lack health insurance coverage.”
Insurance Commissioner Jones offers consumers the following information regarding federal health care reform and insurance coverage:
• Preventative care is now available without co-payments or deductibles, so that no one with health insurance avoids going to the doctor in order to stay well or get a screening because they cannot afford to pay for the visit.
• A state run, Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan, or temporary high risk pool, has been established so that those who have pre-existing conditions can get coverage right away.
• Parents can now keep their dependents on their health insurance up to age 26.
• Last year, seniors were provided with a $250 check to help cover the cost of prescription drugs if they fell into the “donut hole” where they are required to otherwise pick up thousands of dollars in drug costs. Importantly, over time the donut hole will be closed.
• Insurers are now barred from denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions.
• Rescission of health insurance coverage is now prohibited.
I hope you found this article informative! Don’t forget to leave me a comment!